One of the Only South Carolina Estate Planning Lawyers Who Will Schedule In-home Meetings Upon Request
Bluffton firm assists with wills, trusts, probate and elder law matters
Through strong estate planning, you can establish legal instruments, such as wills and trusts, that will protect your assets and transfer that property smoothly upon your death. At my Bluffton firm, Mark F. Winn Attorney at Law, Professional LLC, my chief aim is to engage each client, listen to their input and structure their affairs in a way that assures their objectives will be fulfilled. In 2011, I was the only South Carolina lawyer recognized as a Five-Star Wealth Manager for trust services and taxation. Having earned a Martindale Client Champion Award with a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars, you can count on me to handle your estate planning, probate and elder law concerns with the utmost skill and care.
Accomplished attorney helps Lowcountry clients achieve their goals
Starting with a complimentary initial consultation, my firm will:
- Address your and your family’s concerns — Since opening in 2003, my firm has regarded every case as an opportunity to learn about a family, define appropriate objectives and create a sound plan. I have the knowledge and experience to identify legal solutions that fulfill your specific goals.
- Help you prepare for life changes — Contemplating significant life changes can be uncomfortable, leading some people to put off important decisions until it is too late. Though some transitions will always be painful, I’ll make sure that you have a clear, enforceable program in place to minimize the likelihood of confusion and conflict.
- Relieve your emotional stress — Establishing effective strategies for dealing with estate and elder law challenges isn’t just a financial matter. I understand the strong emotions that often accompany these decisions and treat you with the highest degrees of compassion and respect.
Regardless of your individual circumstances, knowing that your loved ones will be protected even if something unexpected occurs should give you the peace of mind that you deserve.
Experienced adviser works with families to preserve and transfer assets
I am one of the rare South Carolina lawyers who has earned a Master of Laws degree in estate planning, and I have also written numerous published articles on this practice area. Using that knowledge, my firm has assisted hundreds of Lowcountry area clients with concerns relating to:
- Estate planning — No matter how simple or complex your estate planning needs might be, I will outline your options in detail and help you understand potential tax consequences and other key issues. Developing a complete plan doesn’t just require the distribution of property. My firm prepares living wills and other advance directives to help you control your medical treatment and other important decisions.
- Elder law — You can rely on me for knowledgeable counsel on elder law matters, including Medicaid eligibility, so that you can fund long-term care and other needs for yourself or a family member.
- Wills — I draft thorough, personalized wills that distribute property efficiently, make charitable bequests and serve as a fitting legacy for their testators. In probate and estate administration matters, my firm works diligently to resolve any disputes promptly and allocate assets in accord with the decedent’s instructions.
- Trusts — My firm advises clients on how trusts can safeguard assets against lawsuits, unnecessary taxes and transfer to former in-laws after a divorce. Using these legal instruments to shift property upon your death can also help loved ones avoid probate proceedings.
Each situation is different, but my firm usually uses between two and four in-person meetings to help clients achieve their objectives.
Speak with a South Carolina estate and elder law attorney for a free consultation
Mark F. Winn Attorney at Law, Professional LLC in Bluffton, South Carolina advises Lowcountry clients on a wide range of estate planning, probate and elder law matters. Please call 843-473-3173 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation. My office is located near Hilton Head Island, and I conduct in-home meetings upon request.